Release date: 10 Nov 2020
Name: Light Singer
Author: Audrey Grey
Series: Kingdom of Runes #4
Genre: Adult | HIgh Fantasy | Romance
Haven escaped the clutches of the new Sun Sovereign and found solace in Shadoria, but for how long?
Now that the extent of her powers is known, Solis, Noctis, and mortals all hunt her. Meanwhile, chaos reigns across the land. The immortal realm is ruled by a depraved King who will stop at nothing to reclaim Haven as a weapon, while the mortal lands must choose between serving a tyrant or following Prince Bell, the Kinslayer.
And below, in the Netherworld, a great evil awaits, amassing an army of untold powers. Hunted, plagued by doubt, and torn between duty and love, Haven must find a way to broker peace between the nations before it’s too late.
• What this summary has failed to mention is the ever present and deliciously sexy Prince Stolas Darkshade is alive and thriving and CHOMPING on every modicum of respect I have ever allowed myself.
• STOLAS DARKSHADE.
• THE DARK PRINCE STOLAS OF THE FAMILY DARKSHADE.
• He’s literally perfect and you can jump right off an actual raven’s ass if you disagree. I’m being awfully rude and immature this evening. I apologize for this.
• Haven is just continuing to look bad ass in the eye and become it’s daddy. I am so thrilled for your darling. You are such complete hot shit and I love it.
• The TENSIONNNNN these two have is so hot it should be illegal. I’m sweating just thinking about it.
• I KNEW IT. I CALLED THE THING BETWEEN THEM AND I KNEW IT AND IT’S BEAUTIFUL AND IT BETTER NOT GET FUCKED UP SO HELP ME PROPHET ELVIS!
• Honestly, it’s been a few days and my brain has just reverted back to shamelessly stanning Stolas. Like, there is no activity up there that doesn’t revolve around a white haired, black horned, winged prince boy with a jawline like glass and eyes like pure gold. Can you blame me?
• Look, here’s the deal: there was a lot of other amazing stuff in this book. Fantastic characters and action and PLOT so like don’t just think there isn’t anything else to talk about but Stolas. That is literally my own shortcoming. Like there was scheming and battling and tomfoolery. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD.
• SHADOW FAMILIARS!!
• I read it in one sitting. Hands down my favorite of the entire series so far.
• THE ENDING OMG WTF HOW COULD YOU DROP THAT PROPHECY ON US LIKE WHO EVEN ARE YOU YOU DEVIL WOMAN OMG.
• Ok but for real, that was the only bad thing. Just be prepared to be REALLY stressed out ok?
• I could have used “the goods” before the time in which I actually received “the goods” but seeing as how I am aware of my affinity as a Thirsty Bitch™, that’s more my problem than the book’s.
Look, I know all of that above is just some hormonal word vomit and honestly, I have no excuse for it, this was such a great book and was worth every single bit of wait I had to endure. Holy Prophet Elvis. The last book, Dark Bringer, doesn’t come out until 30 Aug 2021 so I’m not even sure how I’ll survive that long. I was so happy to be correct about the “the thing” and it’s going to be so beautiful when Haven finally realizes it in its entirety and all its glory. The MOMENT..there will be actual angels singing, I feel it. I’m going to stop here before I just give the whole damn thing away but for real, if you haven’t started this series, just go ahead and do it. If you haven’t picked up this installment yet, just go ahead and drop everything else to do it. It’s honestly that good.
“And then, just as she had once comforted him, he held her in his lap beneath the sprawling tree, whispering poems from his youth or favorite stories, anything he could think of to bring her back to him.“
“With Haven, though . . . there was no detaching himself. No severing the strange bond between them. Not now. He could no more cage his feelings for her than he could his Shadow Wolf. Both had grown too powerful for that.“
“A wicked grin carved into his jaw. ‘Oh, he most certainly did. You are mortal. You are beautiful. And you do fill out that dress—although he failed to mention how exquisitely. But that is not why your heart races, is it?‘”
“I will never regret what I do—or the sacrifices I make—for you, Beastie. Never.”
“Annoyed, she ripped what was left of his shirt from his torso and began applying the clean bandages. Amusement sparked inside his eyes. “If you wanted to undress me, I would suggest waiting until we don’t have an audience.”
“Are you sure? Because your violence is almost as sexy as that dance you performed earlier. Tell me. Was that for me, Beastie?”